Cheat sheet, college fantasy football picks, daily fantasy football, Daily Fantasy Sports News, daily fantasy sports update, daily fantasy strategy, DFS, DraftDay Leagues, Draftkings, fanduel, Fantasy Football, Fantasy Sports Live, features, NFL, NFL NEWS, quarterbacks, review, strategy, Top Picks, top plays, Update
Earlier in the week, I broke down my top NFL plays at each position. But now I’ll catch you up with all the news around the league as well as my top tournament plays of the week. So lets get this show on the road!
- Kevin White (WR CHI) is questionable for week 1 against the Texans with a hamstring injury, but will play.
- Brandon Marshall (WR NYJ) will be active for week 1 against the Bengals.
- Chris Ivory (RB JAX) is questionable for week 1 against the Packers with a calf injury, but coach Gus Bradley believes that he will be ready to go!
- Jimmy Graham (TE SEA) is a tricky situation, but all signs are headed in the right direction. If he does not have any set backs, he should be able to suit up week 1.
- Thomas Rawls (RB SEA) missed practice on Thursday with an illness and is a huge question mark at this point. His status is clearly uncertain. Some say he will be out and others say he will get limited touches Week 1. It’s truly a mystery, but one to keep a close eye on.
- Rob Gronkowski (TE NE) is dealing with a hamstring injury and is not expected to play on Sunday.
- Golden Tate (WR DET) was able to practice in full on Thursday and should be ready to go for Sunday.
- Matt Jones (RB WAS) is practicing in full and should be ready to go on Monday night.
- Carlos Hyde (RB SF) was able to practice in full on Thursday and should also be ready to play on Monday night.
- Julio Jones (WR ATL) practiced in full on Thursday and will play on Sunday.
- Devonte Parker (WR MIA) is dealing with hamstring injuries and looks doubtful to play week 1 against the Seahawks.
- Jamal Charles (RB KC) is doubtful for Sunday against the Chargers. He’s still recovering for the ACL injury and it looks like they want him to play when he’s 100% healthy.
Top 3 Tournament Plays
ATL VS TB
No one is talking about Ryan, so if you’re playing in a couple GPPs, I’d give this guy a shot. First off, Vegas has this game looking like an offensive battle. It has 47.5-point total, so you can expect some points in this contest. I know Matt Ryan isn’t a superstar, but he has an elite receiver in Julio Jones and has a nice matchup. According to PPF, the Buccaneers secondary ranks 28th in the NFL coming into the new season. You know they want Julio to get the ball and go to work, so I love the idea of stacking these two guys together.
NE @ ARI
This is no easy task for James White. He’ll be going up against one of the top defenses in the league, so why exactly am I touting James White you may be asking yourself? Well here’s why:
I expect the Patriots to be playing from behind (6.5-point underdogs). So with Dion Lewis out for a significant amount of time, James White, will take over his role as the Patriots’ receiving back. He will play in a lot of passing situations and is excellent in PPR formats. Last season, he recorded 40 receptions for 410 yards and 4 TDs. He is a risky play because of his matchup and Bill Belichick is a touch nut to crack, but he’s in an excellent spot to get a lot of playing time.
CHI @ HOU
Who does Cutler have to throw the ball to? Bennet and Forte are gone, while White is dealing with injuries. The answer is Alshon Jeffery. Yes, he has a tough matchup going up against the Texans, but (when healthy) he is one of the top receivers in the game today. He’s going to get a high volume of targets and each reception equals 1-point, so he could have himself a huge day. I love his matchup this week and he will be low owned!